So, I was writing a letter to God tonight, and, per usual, my thoughts began to come randomly. For once there happened to be a keyboard under my fingers, and for the first time in a long time, my random thoughts were caught in a format that provides a historical record.
In my letter, I was asking God to have faith in me as I come to find my faith God. Which, in turn, led me to this:
"The supreme object of faith having faith. Now there's a double-whammy. And I suppose it begs the question, do you have faith in yourself? Now there's an interesting thought. One never thinks of God as something(one?) that needs to have faith and trust in His/Her/Itself, and yet, if you did not, then would you be able to continue functioning as God? Does your faith in yourself give you the capabilities to act in a godly manner? Following that line of thought, given we are made it your image, does it mean that we simply need only have faith in ourselves to act in the manner in which we want to/are meant to act? Is it really that simple?"
I have asked God, but now I am interested in what you, my family and friends have to say. There are a lot of questions in the above paragraph and, I'm sure, some concepts I am only now beginning to identify. I would love to hear what each of you think. Marcus, I am especially intrigued by what you might say.
Email me, post a comment, respond in your own blog. Whatever works for you. But please, share your thoughts.
Love!
~g
1 comment:
I feel bad that no one has commented on your post - but (without going into theology too much) I do think that one has to believe in one's self to give themselves the capacity to accomplish that which they set forth to do.
Post a Comment