Monday, April 27, 2009

Eww, gross!!

When did the earthworm brigade that accompanies a heavy rainstorm start to gross me out? When I was a child I never got squeamish, but tonight as I walked home in a downpour and was constantly dodging long moving sticks I kept thinking, "BLECH!"

My Capstone team and I had our final product printed today. We got it in the binders with section dividers, cover pages, and spine labels. All we need to do is finalize our presentation, which is scheduled for Wednesday morning. It's going to be over before I know it!

This coming weekend I will be going to my first, and probably only, Cubs game. There is a large group of people, of whom I only know 2, going to the Saturday noon game. It should be a lot of fun, even though I won't really know anyone. Woohoo for getting out of my comfort zone and doing new things!

Tomorrow I am going to work late. I am going to stop by Student Legal Services to chat with the student attorney about my sublease. My landlord has not contacted me in nearly 3 months, and with only 2 weeks left here I really need to get everything wrapped up. I decided to bring in the UIC lawyer because a) I don't know Chicago's laws regarding subleases and new tenant assignments and b) My landlord is a real estate lawyer by trade and I need to make sure there is someone on my side that can talk the lingo. I probably should have contacted legal services soon than this, but I kept holding out hope that my landlord would get in touch with me.

Last Friday we had our end-of-the-year office party, which included gifts for all of us that are graduating. I received a very nice cherry wood diploma frame, complete with the University of Illinois seal. It is a gorgeous, thoughtful, and useful gift. Next I need to find an equally nice frame for my Iowa State diploma. Ok, first I need to find my Iowa State diploma. :) I'm sure it's at home in Denver...somewhere.

There is really not much more to report. Things just continue to move along.

Love!

~g

No comments: