Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mindlessness

I seem to be encountering it more and more lately.

It is simple. If you have beliefs you feel strongly enough about that you try to change my beliefs, you need to be able to tell me why you believe that way in the first place. "Because that's what I believe!" is not an acceptable answer.

Ok, done with the passive-aggressive rant. :)

I've been sick lately. There has been a sinus thing going around that I managed to stave off for a month or so but finally got. I am unhappy with my face and sub-dermal systems; they hurt and are gross.

You may have noticed I have been playing with templates lately, similar to my older brother. It started with me asking him how to do one simple thing and grew from there. I think I am finally getting happy with the look.

Tomorrow is a day off (thank goodness!). Routine furnace check at 10 am, gym around 2, and haircut at 6. The haircut is LONG (look at me make a pun!) overdue, and the rest, well, that's just life.

The city continues to operate in a tizzy. Yesterday all the workers at Wendy's were all dancing and singing, "We elected our first black president!" While I shared their enthusiasm, I wanted some food and was not the only customer in line. I waited for about a minute before I finally said, "That's great. I'm happy too and did my part by voting for him. Now, can I order some lunch?" Oh man, if looks could kill....

I do believe today was the last nice day we will have for several months. Temperatures were near 70 degrees all day, but we are dropping about 25 or 30 degrees tonight back to the average November 30s and 40s. Still, we seem to be much better off than the Dakotas! Holy cow!

I am slowly transitioning into Christmas. This week I broke out the music, but only the melodic stuff; no lyrics for me yet. I have also started to put together the list of who gets cards and who gets cards with cookies and who gets actual presents. It's all in an Excel file stored on the my desktop and I am officially a massive dork.

I cannot believe how soon Thanksgiving will be upon us! The visit from Dad and Jody is more and more anticipated.

Time for me to go drug myself up and head to bed. I hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Love!

~g

3 comments:

Justin said...

You know there was spit in that burger! :O

gk said...

Nope! Salad. Watched it all the way from the cooler to the bag. I'm a tricky one!

SLK said...

i'm telling you...
get that nose irrigation spray;
it'll do wonders.