Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And so it will be again...

I was struck tonight by the similarities in Obama's speech and a speech written for the same occasion on the TV series "The West Wing".

On election night (for his second term), President Bartlet ended his acceptance speech with the following words:

"To ensure that the promise of the country is the birthright of all the people. We've achieved so much together always believing, always know that America could be made new again and so it was, and so it will be again. God bless you all. God bless the United States of America."

It sounded familiar...

The enormity of this day has not fully hit me. I need time to process everything. Soon I will let you all know what it was like to be in this place on such an historic occasion. While I was not at Grant Park tonight, the city most definitely had an altered energy today.

My sentences are becoming very poorly written. It is time to end this day so I can wake up tomorrow to renewed hope and pride.

"This is our moment. This is our time . . . out of many, we are one . . ." - President Elect Barack Obama

Love!

~g

2 comments:

Marshall and Sarah said...

Then you'll enjoy this:

http://btemplates.com/

Justin said...

I dig the new layout. :)