Monday, February 16, 2009

Optical Reality

While walking to work today I saw something I considered rather neat but that others, judging by their reactions when I shared this event with them, found rather boring.

Two Marine helicopters with the seal of the President of the United States of America buzzing downtown Chicago and weaving among skyscrapers.

Really, how many times in your life do you get to see Presidential transportation, live and in person rather than on film? Especially the Marine helicopters. Motorcade? Fine. Air Force One? OK, fairly recognizable although very off-limits. Marine helicopters in downtown Chicago? Pretty darn neat!

Caveat - If you live in Washington, D.C. your chances of seeing all three of the aforementioned modes of Presidential transportation greatly increases.

Caveat 2 - Chicago residents' chances of all three sightings also just greatly increased.

That's all. Just want to share and document an event I found fairly cool.

Love!

~g

3 comments:

Justin said...

I think it'd be cool to see helicopters weaving between skyscrapers -- presidential or not.

SLK said...

maybe they were real-life transformers! sweeeet. i'm hoping i get to see that!

JMK said...

I can go one better and tell you that we were on a street three blocks away from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in DC when all of a sudden there were sirens all around, black motorcycles and SUV's and even bike cops were whizzing past our stopped taxi and we were about ready to duck to the floor... and yes, there was a Presidential Seal on one of the limos. That was March 16, 2002. 'Nuff Said. Three days later, well...