I have not written in over a week because there is nothing new to report. I am, and will remain, quite busy with school and work and voluntary commitments. I find that, although I am not in class three nights a week this semester, I am more mentally taxed than in past semesters and am in need of my weekends to recover. I am taking many more naps during the weekends than in past semesters.
The Capstone project is progressing well, after hitting a bit of a wall a few weeks back. It seems CPS and my group had two different visions for the deliverable (or, in CPS's case, 6 different visions), but the table of contents we recently sent for comments was returned with much praise and only a few minor suggestions. Yayy!!
I spent the day of love alone today, doing the only thing a single woman can: researching on the Internet while watching the Bourne trilogy. Nothing says "Love" more than boring tasks, thrilling chases, and more dead bodies than I know how to count. It is truly amazing to me those movies are only PG-13. Amazing and awesome.
I continue to be very happy with my new iPod, Nan. 1832 songs and some kick-butt games. Another significant purchase, in the form of running shoes, is in my very near future. My current pair are now a little over 3 years old and can no longer handle the amount of shock absorption that I need them to handle. My exercise class takes place majorly on a 40+ year old rubber track that now has the give of mountain rock. I walk away from each class feeling as if all of the little bones in my feet have been broken, and it takes me all of the remaining week to recover only to go back and go through it all again. I know that is not healthy for my feet or my body as a whole, and will be rectifying the situation soon.
A month from today Mom will be in the city, hanging with me and watching them dye the river green for St. Patrick's day. I am expecting lots of fun.
I have posted some ads for a summer sublet and am beginning the process of once again picking up my life. I do not know where I am going, but I am not searching for anything here. Come graduation I will hopefully move to a new job or move home to continue the job search rent-free. No offense to Mom, but I am praying for the former.
That's about all. For fun, and to continue the "What are you listening to these days" family exchange, I have stolen a quirky thing from Facebook and posted it below, with my answers.
Love to everyone!
~g
So here's how it works...
1. Open your music library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle (Mine is always on shuffle)
3. Press play
4. For the first question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button TWICE.
6. Write down the title of the song - no matter how weird or silly it may be)
1. Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill - How The Grinch Stole Christmas Soundtrack
2. Wait - Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstacy Album
3. Mango Story - David Wilcox - East Ashville Hardware Album
4. The Cowboy Song - Sting - Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting 1984-1994 Album
5. So Long Jimmy - James Blunt - Unknown Album
6. Sara Beth - Rascal Flatts - Feels Like Today Album
7. Let Go - Frou Frou - Garden State Original Soundtrack
8. Saints and Sailors - Dashboard Confessional - Unknown Album
9. #1 Crush - Garbage - Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack
10. Straw Dog - Something Corporate - Ready . . . Break Album
11. Love Is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar - Best Shots Album
12. Life Giver - Lawrence Laughing & Joanne Shenadoah - Emerging Power Album
13. Do You Know What It Takes - Robyn - Unknown Album
14. Somewhere Other Than The Night - Garth Brooks - The Chase Album
15. Track 7 - Enya - Unknown Album
16. John Doe No. 24 - Mary Chapin Carpenter - Stones in the Road Album (if you don't know this one you should! Amazing acoustic melody and story that captures the mind and wrenches the heart)
17. Late for Your Life - Mary Chapin Carpenter - Time*Sex*Love Album (one of Dad's favorites)
18. X-ray Eyes - Guster - Goldfly Album
19. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel - Unknown Album (unless the album is Bridge Over Troubled Water)
20. Hold On - Wilson Phillips - Unknown Album
Honorable Mentions:
Girls Like Me - Mary Chapin Carpenter
Life In a Northern Town - Dream Academy
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve Pipe
Right Now - Van Halen
Fields of Gold - Nadine Coyle (Dad, try to find this version! I think it is from a series called "Girls Aloud". It is amazing)
Mary's Eyes - Gaelic Storm
The Change - Garth Brooks
We Can Get There - Mary Griffin
Don't Let Go - Bryan Adams featuring Sarah McLachlan - Spirit Soundtrack (all of the songs for this animated movie were fantastic. Bryan Adams did nearly every song. I highly recommend checking out the soundtrack. The full movie title is "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron")
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies (Christmas is all seasons for me)
Let it never be said I can't appreciate all different types of music! My tastes truly are eclectic, although some genres I do prefer more than others. I tend to gravitate toward soft melodies, preferably acoustic, and lyrics that tell a story or say something meaningful. I do love the sound of a piano with an electric guitar though!
1 comment:
You have some great stuff in there...
I have some older "albums" (read vinyl) whose progression of tracks actually tell a story. Joni Mitchell's "Court and Spark" comes to mind. Fantastic album. "Shuffle" just wouldn't work.
Post a Comment