Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Hampshire Trip, Post 3

Sadness. Trip over. We had one last night with Sarah and Marshall and their friends. And of course there was one last round of pictures. Tomorrow Mom and I leave and start heading back to Iowa. If it works out time wise, we'll stop at Niagara Falls tomorrow since I have never been.

It was a good trip. We didn't do some of the things we had planned on, mainly a day in Boston, but time with the family was more important. Boston will still be there at some later date, but Norah is only 2 months old and growing daily once.

In the time we were here Norah got a bit taller, a bit fuller, and grew a bit more hair. In even less than a week the changes were noticeable and amazing. Her neck also got a bit stronger and her tracking a bit more intentional. I am not sure if we figured out a new favorite position to hold her (Norah's back to the holder's chest - holder supporting Norah's weight with a hand between her legs) or if that was a favorite position before we arrived, but she seems to like that hold.

2 months ago Sarah made a comment, "I am in love", referencing Norah. I now know how she felt/feels to some extent. An aunt is obviously different than a mother, but handing Norah off to her parents for the last time and saying goodbye was more difficult that I thought it would be. There was no stopping the tears and the sadness. I am glad I'll have the chance to see them all again in just a few months when Sarah, Marshall, and Norah visit Iowa in September.

The fun and play is over now, and when I get back to Iowa it will be time to really start focusing on my job search. Mentally I still do not feel prepared or ready, but life won't wait. Yayy for adulthood... I guess.

Last picture dump! In no particular order we have...





































Love!

~g

No comments: