I decided to capitalize on this sudden productive mood and therefore spent another day in front of the computer. Today was all about my music files... getting albums in one folder, single songs into another (by artist), a file for Christmas, and a file for Soundtracks. As of tonight's stopping point (my eyes are freaking out and need a rest), I have:
209 Albums
82 Christmas songs (singles... this does not take into account the Christmas albums)
1,442 Singles
5 Soundtracks
57 Singles by unknown artists (figuring these out should be fun!)
All told, about 4,000 files I went through one-by-one and KEPT. This does not take into account the duplicates I deleted, which easily totaled over 1,000, nor does it take into account those files I just no longer wanted. I think I am about 1/2 way through everything, if not a little more, so hopefully I can finish this project tomorrow and then raid Justin's files! Most of my music collection is courtesy of my brothers. I love a family that shares. :)
I've been listening to a lot of different files today, particularly my Christmas collection. I am one of those people that loves Christmas music year-round... the message that is found in practically every song is applicable all year, and the music is just classic and beautiful. I really bring out the Christmas tunes around the first or second week in November, much to the chagrin of most of my past roommates.
I have also been looking up different pickle recipes today (thanks for the link, Cary!) because I am going to have to do something with all of these cucumbers. It would be a real waste for them to rot. I'll probably stop out to Grandma's tomorrow to see what she has for canning items, as well as get her advice. Maybe she and I can work together some day this week to put up pickles. If it works out you all know what you are getting for Christmas presents! I was just planning on dill pickles, but if anyone has suggestions for others, I'm open to it!
On a side note, thank you to those of you who leave comments on my blog. It's always fun and nice to see what people have to say. Plus, it just lets me know that people do read this craziness that I put out there on a semi-regular basis. Welcome, MercyScoop, to the blogging world and thanks for your thoughtful comment! I love it (usually) when I am given something to think on! I have been reading your blog and have found quite a lot that provokes me to think. Thanks for that.
Not much else to report. All is quiet on the home front. Time to remove myself from the computer and give my eyes and head a rest.
Love!
~g
No comments:
Post a Comment