I really, really, really need those cucumber recipes (if you have any, that is).
I pulled 22 cucumbers out of the garden today. In about another 3 days I will easily get another 20-30 more. In a little over a week there will be about 30 more. And who knows after that. The plants are still flowering. I won't be too far off with calling a three-digit harvest!
I'll be giving away a lot of cucumbers to people. And figuring out how to make pickles. Maybe.
Once again I have learned to appreciate the wonder that is a desktop computer. A full mouse and keyboard, two screens, and a comfy chair make for a productive day. I spent a good amount of time this morning reviewing my 1001 for 101 website, making updates to goals I have in progress and to the site in general.
One of my goals is to clean up my massive music collection... many of the files are labeled differently and it can be hard to find a specific song or artist. I decided, after working on my goal website that today would be a good day to get started on the music project. I plugged my external hard drive into Justin's computer (Justin and Carrie currently are in possession of my laptop) and started cleaning up the files. I ended up not touching the music files, but my documents and photos are now in order and all duplicates are gone. I also, in the spirit of simplifying my life, deleted a lot of documents I no longer need. I still had things from high school that I kept backing up and transferring. They are gone now!
I will turn 25 in a week. I don't know where the first half of my twenties went! I think I am having a bit of a quarter-life crisis right now. I am definitely not where I imagined I would be at this stage of my life. What I find most interesting is not that my adult life thus far has not been what I thought it would, but that it could have been all I thought I wanted if I had not made a whole bunch of seemingly small, independent choices along the way.
Does that make sense to anyone but me? Even more interesting than the above observation is that I would not change many, if any, of those seemingly small choices. Life isn't what I thought it would be, but I am no longer certain I would still want that life if I'd gotten it when I thought I should have it.
This is going from bad to worse. It makes sense to me, though, and really that's all that matters since this space is all my own!
On an even more random note, Tucker has been unusually affectionate lately, as well as more vocal. My years with him are limited, and although I am by no means digging his grave, I have become a worried mama that notices every little change. Whenever something is different with Tucker I get a little freaked out. If I ever have a kid I'll have to be sure to not smother it with attentiveness and obsessiveness.
I really need to get back into a normal sleep schedule. This late night, late morning stuff seems more natural to my body, but it really shoots my day. Not that I have a reason to be up and about right now, but I will get a job here at some point and then I will need to start setting an alarm again. The longer I go without needing an alarm, the more I am convinced alarms are an evil creation.
I am typing pretty much everything that pops into my head, which is a sign to me that it's time to stop typing.
Love!
~g
2 comments:
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. (Jeremiah 29:11-12) Life is a trajectory. We must set our sights and aim carefully or years into the future we will be way off the mark. Seek Him, Grace, and your life will be far above what you can ask or think.
Catching up on blogs after being gone for a few days. I read yours first, and then this one:
http://thetobyshow.typepad.com/the_toby_show/2009/07/homemade-pickles.html
Might be worth a try!
Post a Comment