So that whole vegging out in my pajamas thing I was going to have going on today? Yeah, totally did not happen.
I did sleep in, which was much needed, but I was up and showered and dressed in "real" clothes well before noon. After Justin left for work I claimed his computer and have basically not moved all day.
I needed to get some serious work done on my Capstone project, and I have a homework assignment due in Project Management this coming Monday. I spent roughly 9 hours on the Capstone thing today, and the rest of the time on Project Management. Thank goodness both projects were interesting to me!
For Capstone, I was doing some serious formatting and additions to our guide. We have to turn in our official "first draft" on Monday to the client and our teacher, but for us it will actually be the 4th draft. We want all content added before we hand it in Monday, which means I took a 40-some page document today and pumped it up to roughly 70 pages. There are still a few small sections missing, but we have the weekend.
I have been writing and researching along with my teammates, but my main job with the guide right now is the formatting. I am the one in our group that is most familiar with Microsoft Word, so I am designing, proofing, editing, formatting, etc. everything in the guide. I am having a lot of fun and am really quite proud of the document to date. I think it looks quite good. There was only one issue I was unable to resolve today, but I am working on that and will hopefully have it all corrected before Monday.
When I had done pretty much everything I could do today I saved it and sent it off to my teammates for their inspection. I hope they think as highly of my work as I do! :)
Feeling in a productive mood and not wanting to pass up the opportunity to accomplish even more, I moved on to my Project Management assignment, using a new program Justin was able to find for me. If you ever need to design flow charts or other similar graphics I HIGHLY recommend Microsoft Visio. It makes the work easy!
I still have a bit left on that assignment but am waiting on an email from my teacher regarding a question I have about how to compute some information. Technically, the assignment is done and the computing question relates only to the extra credit, but I would like to know the answer and I would like the extra credit points.
A few things I have learned in the last 12 hours or so include:
1. Laptops are wonderful, but sometimes a good, old-fashioned desktop is needed to be truly productive
2. Irish music encourages me to dig in and accomplish a lot of things
3. So does classic rock
4. Duel screens are an absolute must with the types of projects I was working on today
5. I enjoy tasks that include design work
6. Developing network structures is actually fun
7. I can work just fine sitting in a desk chair, pulled up to a desk, with a cat sitting on my lap with his front paws up on the desk, watching every move I make
Tomorrow looks to be just as busy, although there will probably be less computer work involved. Tomorrow I most likely will be finishing sorting and packing items for keepsake and for the next place I reside. Once that is done I will hopefully have some time to just sit around doing nothing! Maybe even take a nap! Oh, to do actual break things.
Last night I spent some time playing with software that lets you cut portions out of songs to be used as ring tones. With Justin's help I should be able to get everything loaded on to my new phone before I go back to Chicago. Marshall, yours is the only ring that I fully finished and am happy with. I give you 3 guesses as to what it is.
On a random side note, I have a cat that loves potato chips. He can hear a bag or can opening from anywhere in the house and will come running. If a person is eating said potato chips in any way that proves accessible, there will be a cat paw trying to knock the chips out of the hand and on to an unprotected surface. Given him even a half-second opening, and Tucker will be devouring that chip instead of you.
How do we end up with strange grey kitties in this family?
It's about time I relinquish control of Justin's computer back to him. He has been extremely generous with letting me use it today, but 12 hours is more than enough time. :)
Love!
~g
1 comment:
uuggghhh... you have no idea of how many network diagrams I made using Visio. Hate that program! But, as usual, we survived...
Post a Comment