So I came out of my test tonight to discover it was pouring down rain and the wind was whipping pretty hard. Problem. I did not take an umbrella to campus today. Only way to get home was to walk, so I walked in the rain. After splashing my way through an unavoidable puddle, visions of Gene Kelly popped into my head and the next thing you know I am skipping and singing. Definitely got some crazy looks, but also got some smiles and one gentleman even nodded and wished me a good evening. Was I ever soaked when I got home! And smiling. Everyone should skip and sing in the rain.
Midterm went alright. Not too great, not terribly bad. Just alright. Yes, I should have studied more, but there's nothing I can do now.
I took the day off of work today and enjoyed sleeping in a bit. Things are going to slow down for the next few weeks which is very good for me. I can use the slower pace. And I really need to get back to the gym! Between illness, injury, and hiatus for work, my gym time has really seen a drastic decline. I am trying to keep up with the healthier eating and am attempting to do things such as sit ups and push ups at home, but I am finding I actually miss the gym. Crazy!
I miss the pool as well. I don't get in as often as I would like. Lauren and I have a deal, though. She hates the pool and I hate the lack of variety, so once a week she gives in and gets in the pool and the rest of the time I don't complain. It's a friendship that works because we communicate and compromise!
Now I just need the guy I can have the communication and compromise and mutual pleasing with.
That sentence made sense in my head.
I'm trying to figure out what I am going to be for Halloween. I think we are going to have a community party here at the building with all of the neighbors. Angela wants to be a Smurfette. I will be costume hunting while at home next week. I would like suggestions for costumes and need them no later than one week from now. You have been charged with your task.
My Christmas spirit has started remarkably early this year. What does that mean?
I will spend most of Friday cleaning the apartment. It is atrocious. At least by my standards. I would be ashamed to bring anyone into this house right now even though none of the mess is mine. At this point I do not care who created the mess - I simply want it gone.
Life continues. 212 days until I graduate from my program and go on to the next phase.
I figured that out today while avoiding studying. At least I can count!
Love!
~g
No comments:
Post a Comment