I am busy. Very busy. But less busy after Tuesday.
I am becoming more at peace. Broad statement, I know. And somewhat hard to explain. I do not yet know if I am more at peace with myself, my surroundings, my perceived path (or lack thereof), or what. All I know is I feel more settled and calm. I am not questioning but rather thanking God and asking for the peace to continue.
Next weekend I am going apple picking. While I look forward to the apples, I really look forward to the raspberries, pumpkins, and fresh doughnuts. That will be on Saturday. On Sunday I am getting up entirely too early and helping man (or in my case, woman) a Gatorade station for the Chicago Marathon. The station is right around the 13 mile mark and should consequently be incredibly fun.
One of my favorite websites is back up and running. Take a moment to check out Komar.org and his controllable lights. I do not know why I find this sight so much fun, but I do. The Christmas version is even better than the Halloween version!
Tonight will be a somewhat late night as I work on studying for tomorrow's midterm and advancing laundry that I should have done yesterday. I took tomorrow off from work (I am owed quite a few hours) and will sleep in a bit then cram hard. I am fine with the overview of the topics for tomorrow's exam, but need work on the nuances.
I am, in my spare time -ok, let me be frank, in class when I am bored - putting together a list of things to do with my father and stepmother when they come visit me at Thanksgiving. Suggestions are appreciated.
Scavengers in the alley! Wow, they are early tonight. Usually they don't come around until around 11:30. I can hear them as my window overlooks the alley, but being on the second floor I am not very concerned. Our scavengers and us have a mutual understanding - we put the items we know they want (cardboard, recyclables, etc) on top and they collect and leave quickly. Minimally bothersome to us, helpful to them.
The things you learn when living in a city...
I am off to compare Stone's theory of public policy with the rational models. Input is much desired.
Love!
~g
BTW - In my supreme September business I completely spaced off and forgot the birthday's (should that be possessive?) of two good friends. To my Iowa State mother: Remember, you are now officially one year closer to retirement! And to my Dubuque buddy: You will get your card when I get stamps.
No comments:
Post a Comment