To prove the point I drove with the windows down today. And I saw (and more importantly, heard) my first Harley of the season.
I am officially a dork.
News from my life:
- Received a rejection letter from a job for which I thought I was at least guaranteed an interview.
- Had the oil in my car changed for the second time... I've driven 6,000 miles in 6 months. Is that about normal?
- Replaced the broken sway bars on the rear end of my car.
- Found out a good friend of mine is retiring.
- Fell behind in my daily journal but then caught up again.
- Got better from being sick but then got worse again. Still working on the getting better for a second time part.
- Successfully made it almost an entire month without drinking any pop. Additionally, have made it just as long not eating any fast food, unless Panera counts as fast food, in which case my second claim is false.
- Took my cat to the vet for his yearly check up. He's now 12 years old and weighs in a 10.6 pounds. He's becoming a really old man. (He's sitting next to me as I write this, staring at me and at my lap, which currently is holding a computer and not him. The judgment and disdain is intense.)
- Had some seriously awesome days at work when it came to sales. Hoping to keep it up this week as we head into our huge semi-annual sale this coming weekend.
- Planned a trip to Chicago in April to see some buddies and catch up.
- Sent my 3rd care package to the squad of Marines in Africa that I decided to adopt. Received a thank you note from the squad leader via the U.S. Postal Service.
- Made progress on several 101 goals - seeing a live art performance and writing letters to my elected representatives.
- Discovered the television show "Kitchen Nightmares" and may be developing a paranoia of any food not cooked by myself or a family member. Coincidentally, also starting craving some recipes that I haven't had in awhile. Dad, think you could cook up some chicken piccata and overnight it to me packed in dry ice?
Was the location of the family reunion ever decided/booked?
Love!
~g
No comments:
Post a Comment