Thursday, February 11, 2010

I suppose it is about time

Time for a new post to show up in everyone's blog reels. I haven't had much to report or say lately so my blog has been very quiet. Life has just been trudging along.

Today I completed another goal on my 101 list. I sent 2 care packages to a Marine squad based in Djibouti, which is located in the Horn of Africa. The goal is complete since it was simply to send a (as in one) care package, but I will be sending a lot more to the squad I decided to adopt. I had enough items to completely fill two boxes so both went off today. I have decided I want to send at least 2 boxes a month from now on.

We hired another assistant manager at the store so I have lost about 5 hours a week but the store is now staffed like it is supposed to be. I am contemplating attending a higher education job placement exchange in Chicago in just a few weeks. I need to decide soon if I'm going so I can get places lined up to stay and pay the registration fee for the exchange. My decision would be much easier if my federal tax refund would come through.

Google Buzz is stupid. Facebook changed it's homepage AGAIN. I am kind of sad I have to work during the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Tucker is getting strange in his old age. NCIS is a fantastic show and I have finally seen every season if it. Stopping the consumption of pop (a.k.a. soda for all you strange people out there) is difficult.

These are the little things that make up my rather unexciting life. :)

That's really about it. It's cold and snowy and just your basic beginning-of-the-year drudgery.

Love!

~g Djibouti

No comments: