Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Frosty the Frost Man

You ever think that Jack Frost would have enjoyed the nickname "Frosty"? How come that snowman with the Abraham Lincoln hat got to steal the good nickname?

We are under a frost advisory tonight, which means it was time to go through the tomato plants and pull anything that was even close to being ready. Mom put in the tomato plants a bit later in the season, so the fruit is still coming forth. I pulled TONS of grape tomatoes and about a dozen Roma tomatoes today. Too bad I don't really care for tomatoes.

Whenever I have looked out into the backyard for the past week I have noticed a light green plant in what was my garden space, surrounded by the dark green weeds that invariably took over the minute I ripped out my garden. Given the frost advisory I walked back to check it out today. My garden has been removed for a month, but apparently after I removed everything one lone lettuce plant decided it was its time time grow. Yayy for surprise fresh lettuce!

I cannot believe it will be October in a few days. Where in the world does the time go?!

Love!

~g

No comments: