I have not found much to write about in the last week. There was a birthday run to Minnesota to rescue stranded travelers, more canning of pickles with Justin's help, and a massive "Big Bang Theory" marathon (hilarious show - totally check it out!).
Saturday night Mom received a call from Justin letting her know that their flight from Minneapolis into Waterloo was canceled. The earliest flight they could get on was 24 hours later. Being only 3 hours from home, it was decided Mom and I would drive up Sunday morning to the hotel that the airline put them up in and bring them home. We executed the rescue mission flawlessly and are now Justin and Carrie's heroes forever and ever.
Monday Justin went out to check on the garden. I asked him to go ahead and pull any cucumbers that were ready while he was out there, which he was happy to do. He ended up pulling 35, making our total cucumber harvest thus far 125. I still had one package of pickle brine seasoning, so Tuesday Justin and I canned yet more pickles. We got 12 pints and 2 quarts of plain old dill before the brine ran out. I am now done with pickles! I don't care how many more cucumbers come out of the garden. I'm grateful Justin was helping with the pickling, given I seemed to be having an unbelievably stupid day. I managed to burn myself 3 times, including when I put my thumb directly on the hot burner, never once making the connection that it was hot and would burn me. That was a nice immediate blister.
Yesterday I did a lot of laundry. Clothes and sheets and towels and whatever else needed to be done. I also watched the first season of "The Big Bang Theory" online. I've seen clips and an occasional episode every now and again, and decided it was time to actually watch the shows in order. The show is hilarious and I highly recommend checking it out.
Hopefully this coming week I will be hearing about an application I submitted for a job that is ideal. Keep your fingers crossed.
That's about it. Boring life right now!
Love!
~g
2 comments:
Rock, paper, scissors, Spock! I, too, think Big Bang Theory is hilarious. Glad you are out of your pickle.
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock. Too bad everyone always throws Spock.
Post a Comment