Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy cat

I suppose it is about time for another post.

I am home in Denver for the next three weeks, in my own room, surrounded by family, and being constantly assaulted by a completely ecstatic cat. I love coming home!

The semester has officially wrapped, and I think I will come out alright. I'm predicting two As and one B, which was hard earned. I won't know until next week for certain, but I am alright with those grades. Unlike Marshall, I will not graduate from grad school with a perfect 4.0, but I will be pretty darn close and perfectly happy with my achievement.

This past week was fairly quiet, especially when I got past my final on Tuesday. After that all I had to do was work and relax. We had our office holiday party (it's a state university and we therefore have to be politically correct) complete with Secret Snowflake gifts. I happened to catch one of the world's best freak-outs on video during our party, courtesy of the service graduate assistant, Samantha, but have not yet decided on whether or not I will share the video with the world.

Saturday Mom and her friend and her friend's daughter came into the city to get me and spend some time doing traditional Chicago holiday things. The highlight of the day had to be eating dinner in the famous Walnut Room (located on the 7th floor of Macy's, formally Marshall Fields) while sitting around the Great Christmas Tree. We were literally seated at the base of the 45 foot tall tree and had a wonderful time with our meal and our server, Rich. Pictures to follow just as soon as I download from my camera and get the pictures from Mom's friend.

Today was a relatively short drive home and general vegging out. It is getting bitterly cold here (wind chills have us down in the -30 range this evening), so we are hunkered down inside and feeling blessed we have the ability to do so.

That's about it. Yayy for vacation!

Love!

~g

No comments: