In less than two days I will be on my way to Colorado to interview for a position with a local government near Denver. I will leave Wednesday straight from work and catch a train. After sleeping my way through Nebraska (really, is there any better way to travel across Nebraska than at night and unconscious?) I will arrive in Denver sometime Thursday morning. Jody will pick me up and spend Thursday doing interview prep with me when she's not in meetings for her own job. I will stay with her Thursday night and get up for my interview bright and early Friday morning. The interview is scheduled for 8:15 am Mountain Time and will last a little less than an hour. Friday will then be spent in a state of relief and, hopefully, euphoria. Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday will be spent with Dad at Chuck's ranch. Sunday night I will get back on the train, once again crossing Nebraska at night, and will get back to Iowa Monday morning. Tuesday I head back to work.
It is going to be a very busy week for me. But what a fun week!
I have been fighting off a cold for a few days. My combination of tea and sleep and water and drugs and chocolate seems to be doing the trick. I think the chocolate is the key.
"All my bags are packed (not really), I'm ready to go (so not ready)".....
Love!
~g
1 comment:
Let us know how it all goes. And yes, Nebraska at night in your sleep is the only way to go!
Post a Comment