Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Job alert!

I have a job!

I am the new Assistant Manager for a local women's clothing store. I am viewing my position as temporary but expect to be at the store throughout the winter at the very least.

I have a sneaking suspicion this job will either make me love or hate humanity. What I really hope is that it will teach me to find the good in everyone.

On a more practical note, this job will be a good place for me to work on my conversation skills, practice the theoretical management stuff I have in my head courtesy of my graduate work, and overall be a good place for me to get my feet wet without an insane amount of pressure.

So yeah. That's about all that has happened in my life since my last post.

Wait, that's not true. My laptop died. It's totally dead. No more. Gone from me forever. Sadness.

But hold on there just one minute! I have a new job and an upcoming steady income. I should be able to replace my laptop in a few months. Until then, I can use Justin and Carrie's computer to access the internet. Funny how that all worked out.

Now I think that's all. I am a thoroughly unexciting person.

Love!

~g

No comments: